Welcome to the magical Learning Kingdom!

Welcome to the Magical Learning Kingdom!



Once upon a time a teacher decided to share the most memorable and magical "tales" she could find. The teacher wanted to give special powers to her students to have a trully magical learning adventure. The teacher, Mrs. Paridon, has created this magic place for you to embark on an adventure in the Magical Learning Kingdom.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tool # 10: Exploring Mobile Technology and Apps

I do not have I touch or any other modern device more than my Ipod shuffle where I have been enjoying my favorite music. I have bought music from I-tunes and burning my own CD for my car and my house.. I like my Ipod because it is weightless and small. It is very easy to handle and to use.
Students can use the i-pod to listen to a story (in English and in Spanish), to review important information recorded for the teachers, to hear instructions again without disturbing other students. The students can use the Ipad and I touch to research, to read books and articles, to learn and expand vocabulary, to post comments in a blog, to share resources, to watch educational videos, to write and just to play an educative game.
Some of the apps that I think would be very useful for my students are:
ICanWrite, Etch A Sketch, ComicTouch, Stanza, Wordpress, KuGon, Google Earth, Poptiq, Book Shelf, Ifbyphone, WeDic, TouchType and Dexy.
I need to go to the store to play with one of these techs. I will share with you later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment